Rental Application Fee Disclosure Statement
If you believe you will not pass the screening criteria as described below ( Screening Criteria), we recommend that you DO NOT complete the application or pay the application fee.
1. Prior to paying the rental application fee, you have received a copy of the Disclosure Statement and all referenced exhibits.
2. Your application will be judged based on the criteria attached as (the “Criteria”).
3. We have disclosed the rental application fee to you, including in any advertisement and postings related to the available rental unit and the actual rental application fee charged is consistent with those disclosures.
4. In the event the rental unit that you applied for is not available, you agree that we may place you on our waiting list for no more than 30 days.
5. The screening process for our rental units includes a review of the referenced Criteria, including as may be completed through a third party. The name and contact information for the screening agency used is: AppFolio, Inc 50 Castilian Dr. Santa Barbara, CA 93117 866-359-3630
6. The rental application fee listed consist of the the below charges. Applicant acknowledges that we may incur such costs which are reasonable and necessary to to complete the screening and background check process.
a. $35.00 – Credit, Criminal, Eviction screening, Payment Processing
b. $15.00 – Landlord Verification, Application Screening, Office Administration to include denial letters and mailings.
7. You will be provided with any paperwork or copies of electronic correspondence generated as a result of the screening process, to the extent permitted by State and Federal Law. In the event that you are not approved for a rental unit, you will receive a notice explaining the reason(s) along with a list of resources that you may use to assist with future application processes. Any correspondence related to this Disclosure Statement will be mailed to the current address provided by the applicant via US Mail or to the email address provided on the application.
Within thirty (30) days of receipt of a denial, the applicant may, if he or she believes the City Ordinance has been violated, file a written complaint with the City Manager or the City Manager’s Designee, addressed to : City Manager, City of Grand Rapids, 300 Monroe Ave NW # 1, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Attention: Rental Application Fee Ordinance Complaint.
The “ Screening Criteria”
Wyma Properties is an equal opportunity housing provider.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF INCOME AND PROOF OF IDENTITY (STATE ID, DRIVERS LICENSE, ETC). IF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE NOT RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Wyma Properties will process all incoming applications in the order they are received. A rental home will be removed from the market when the application has been accepted, the reservation form has been signed, and the reservation fee has been paid.
Each person over 18 years of age must complete a separate application. Children under the age of 18 must be listed on the application only.
-No occupants can have a felony within the past five (5) years. No occupants can have more than one (1) felony.
-Gross combined household monthly income for all leaseholders must be verifiable and a minimum of 3 (three) times the monthly rent for at least the last six (6) months. The burden of proof for income is on the applicant.
-If you do not have any successful rental history, a cosigner may be required to guarantee the financial obligations of the lease. Housing references must be verifiable; family members and friends are not considered acceptable references.
-Unsuccessful rental history includes, but is not limited to: evictions, disturbances, unauthorized pets, pattern of late payments, damage to the residence or money owed to past landlord.
-Bankruptcies must be dismissed and have 1 year of good credit history.
-All utility accounts must be current for gas, electric and water. If you have a negative credit report, a co-signer may apply to co-sign your lease to guarantee the financial obligations of the lease. A minimum credit score of 650 is required.
-Cosigners must prove gross monthly income of 5 (five) times the monthly rent. Cosigners must have a minimum 700 Credit Score, out-of-state cosigners are not accepted. The cosigner must be over the age of 18 and not living in the apartment you are applying for. The cosigner must complete a separate application. We will be running their credit report as well to verify their credit history.
-Many of our properties have different pet policies. If dogs are allowed, certain breeds are restricted such as Pitt Bulls, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, and more. There may also be weight restrictions. Please check with the leasing department about property specific pet policies BEFORE APPLYING. Dogs and cats are an additional rent charge.
THE APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
The applicant agrees that all documents necessary for processing must be submitted when applying. Incomplete applications will be cancelled after three days.
Any attempt to submit false information will result in automatic denial without exception.
This criteria is subject to change without notice.
We aim to process received applications within 4 business days. When an application is approved or disapproved we will contact you. Disapproved applications will be mailed or emailed an adverse action letter explaining why the application was denied. This letter will be mailed/emailed to the current address/email address listed on the application.
If you believe you will not pass the screening criteria as described above ( Screening Criteria), we recommend that you DO NOT complete the application or pay the application fee.
(Last Updated: July 13th, 2020)
Application fee: $45.00